APPLY FOR UNIVERISTY
The Higher Education is composed of four degrees:
ASSOCIATE, DIPLOMA and BACHELOR degrees for UNDERGRADUATE studies
MASTER and DOCTORAL degrees for POSTGRADUATE studies
The Higher Education degrees refer to any degree that is obtained after one graduates from high school.
Of course, these may also be broken down into different specifications for each of those, such as a bachelor of science (B.S.) or a master of arts (M.A.), for example.
In addition, though they may not be considered actual degrees, certification programs from trade or technical schools are another type of adult education that some people use to further their career prospects or hone skills for a particular job.
The four different types of higher education degrees listed each represent progressively greater levels of academic achievement and qualification.
An associate's degree is first; this is generally a two year degree, and is typically offered by community colleges. Some careers only require an associate's degree. These options also exist for people who perhaps did not achieve the grades necessary in high school to get into a university, so they may start here and then transfer out.
Some people simply start at a two year school in order to later transfer to a four year school just to save money, though this will generally not be in pursuit of an associate's degree, just college credits.
For more informations, please refer to the links below.
HOW TO APPLY?
STEP 1 - FIND THE BEST PROGRAMME
All International Students should read the requirements for enrolment (programme details, entry requirements, commencement date, fees and accommodation) before submission.
STEP 2 - APPLICATION
Applicants are advised to submit their application at least eight (8) weeks (2 months) prior to the commencement date of the intake to avoid any unnecessary delay in the admission process. Please complete and submit the Application Forms below, with the following required documents attached:
1- Passport-sized photograph
- Coloured, with blue background
- Photograph measurement: 3.5cm x 5cm (please see sample)
2- Certified passport photocopies
- Passport validity is at least 15 months from the date of admission/submission to the university.
- All pages of the passport including the cover pages are required (in colour).
- Kindly make sure that the page numbers of the passport are clearly visible.
3- Certified original and translated copies of academic qualifications and transcripts
- Transcripts and certificates are required.
- In the event that these documents are not published in English, applicants are required to provide copies of original and official English-translated versions.
- Additional documents needed for students transferring from another higher education institution (college or university) in Malaysia:
- Release letter and visa cancellation (from former institution)
- Attendance report (must be at least 80% attendance).
- If applicants are seeking credit exemptions, additional documents such as the final academic transcripts/results are required.
- One (1) copy of passport page with exit stamp (where applicable).
- Cancellation Page (Proof of EMGS has closed the status of previous student visa – for expired pass without proper cancellation)
4- Health Examination Form
- Health/Medical Report with validity not exceeding 6 months.
- Please use the standard Health Examination Form approved by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
5- Non-Objection Certificate NOC (only for Subsaharian countries and Sudan)
- Please click here to download a sample of NOC
6- Copy Scan of Yellow fever vaccination certificate (only for High Risk Countries)
Payment of visa process to EMGS
Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) is a one-stop centre established by the Malaysia Ministry of Education (MOE) to manage and administer the student pass of all international students.
STEP 3 - LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE (LOA)
Upon receiving the required documents and payment, The Institution will send you the Letter of Acceptance (LOA).
STEP 4 - VISA APPROVAL LETTER (VAL)
The Institution will proceed to apply for the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) with Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS) in Malaysia. This process may require approximately 6-8 weeks (1-2 months). You may check the status of your Visa Approval Letter (VAL) application online.
You will be notified by The Institution upon receiving the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) from the Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS). It will email and courier the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) to you.
Single Entry Visa (SEV)(if applicable)
This is only applicable for students who are from the listed countries who need to apply for the SEV to enter Malaysia after the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) is issued.
You have to indicate in which Malaysian Embassy/Consulate (eg. Indonesia: Jakarta; China: Beijing) you wish to apply from for the Single Entry Visa (SEV).
Students from Single Entry Visa (SEV) required countries are responsible to bring the original Visa Approval Letter (VAL) together with passport to the nearest Malaysia Embassy/Consulate to obtain a single entry permit prior to entering Malaysia to avoid a fine or being turned back at the airport.
If you are from the countries in GROUP A, you may need to obtain Single Entry Visa (SEV) from the Malaysian Embassy OR Malaysian Consulate OR Malaysian High Commission Office in your country to enter Malaysia.
If you from the countries in GROUP B & GROUP C, you may enter Malaysia without a visa. You just need to show "Visa Approval Letter" upon entry. You may be charge some amount upon entry by the Malaysian Immigration.
STEP 5: ARRIVAL IN MALAYSIA (Post-arrival)
Upon arrival in Malaysia, please ensure that the Special Pass endorsed by the Immigration for 30 days is stamped on your passport. Within 30 days period, students will need to complete the following action to obtain Student Pass:
- Report to The International Student Center of your University for Medical check-up arrangement at The Health Center (within 7 days of arrival) and accommodation arrangement.
- Do your student registration at specific location as in the offer letter OR at Student Recruitment & Admission Division Office OR School of Graduate Studies.
- Apply for Student Pass at The University's International Student Centre.
Apply for Associate, Diploma , Advanced Diploma and Bachelor Degrees
For applying, please use this FORM TO APPLY FOR UNDERGRADUATE DEGREES
Apply for Master Degree
For applying, please use this FORM TO APPLY FOR MASTER DEGREE
Apply for Doctorate Degree
For applying, please use this FORM TO APPLY FOR DOCTORATE DEGREES